tagged! not too much interesting to reveal because i kind of am a rambler and tell everyone anything anyways, but nevertheless.
1. i have been, to varying degrees, a serious, serious hypochondriac. some periods it's worse than others. basically everything boils me down to having some sort of terrible terrible tragic thing wrong with me. even if i have, like, an itch on my pinky toe, depending on what phase i'm in, that can signify dire things.
2. i have a not-so-secret weakness for chick flicks. all those notting hill-type movies do it for me; i loved under the tuscan sun; i even found things to like in the holiday, which was truly wretched. this is embarrassing. help me.
3. actually everybody knows this because i go around telling everybody because i think it's kind of cool, but i am 1/8 chinese. my great-grandfather, who moved to cheyenne, wyoming, and opened the town's first drugstore (which still is in business today) was otis hoy; his father had come to san francisco from china, and i was always told as a child he was killed by a runaway horse-cart.
4. i used to hate children. i hated them SOOOOOO much. seriously, it was kind of a problem. then, interestingly enough, i decided to go be a teacher in italy (how they let me in without discovering my children hatred, i don't know. they were dense). now i love kiddies.
5. ummm. blanking. i have 7 piercings. does that count? (all in the ear region!)
bonus #6: i was an IRC chat freak in high school, and i've been "blogging" (though from when i was 16-21 or so, it was merely known as "writing text in an html file and uploading it") for about 10 years.
bonus #7 (none of the bonuses are so interesting that i must reveal them, but i remembered them anyway): i was captain of my high school tennis team but loathed all the members of the squad.